Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Indie All-Stars

So today my genius shines. I learnt how to put youtube videos on the blog! I am quite impressed with myself. Specks brilliantly chose to add Fleet Foxes and Timber Timbre to the list (although, he did not have youtube to the page. Ha!). Here are my next additions:

3. Blind Pilot. There is not one song that I dislike on their CD. With a wistful, almost ethereal sound, think the Shins and Grizzy Bear but softer. Their acoustic music perfectly mixes folk and pop. Sadly, they've only put out one album so far, but I'll keep on hoping for more.
Favorite Songs: Oveido, 3 Rounds and a Sound, One Red Thread (and every other song)




4. Great Lake Swimmers: Their folk, melancholy-tinged music, makes you recall simpler times spent under the summer sun. And I can say from experience, they're even better live. "Your Rocky Spine" from their self-titled album is one song I will never tire of.
Favorites: Your Rocky Spine, Backstage with the Modern Dancers, Moving Pictures Silent Films, She Comes to Me in Dreams, Palmistry



And for something new(borderline too country-folk, but great!)




Twitch

No comments:

Post a Comment